(EVT) Emergency Vehicle Technician (Mechanic)
June 4, 2018
Emergency Vehicle Technician
• Individual must have Valid VA driver’s license and reliable transportation.
• Must be punctual and reliable.
• Ability to diagnose and repair operational problems on automotive equipment.
• Ability to understand and effectively carry out verbal and written instructions.
• Ability to read and interpret service manuals, schematics, charts, etc.
• Ability to diagnose and repair electronic control systems.
• Ability to meet scheduling and attendance requirements.
• General communication & people skills with customers and coworkers.
• Must be able to read a tape measure.
• Basic math and geometry skills required.
• Services and repairs HVAC systems and other electrical components.
• Performs preventative maintenance tasks and diagnoses problems on all types of fire & rescue department vehicles and equipment.
• Troubleshoots hydraulic and electrical problems.
• Operates department vehicles as needed for inspection and testing.
• Uses common air and hand tools for the maintenance and repair of fire & rescue department vehicles.
• Prepares and maintains accurate records of maintenance work.
• Maintains a clean and safe working environment.
• Operates other equipment such as a hoist jack, overhead crane, forklift and machine tools to fabricate, service, and repair vehicles.
• Performs physical inventories of service truck parts, tools and supplies.
• Communicates with, supervisors and co-workers to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
• Prepares written repair order comment sheets and reports regarding repairs made and equipment status.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Must be clean and honest.
• Automotive wiring knowledge to trouble shoot electrical systems.
• Knowledge of pumps & water hydraulics a plus.
• Some welding & sheet metal fabrication skills.
• Paid holidays
• Paid vacation
• 4 day work week.
• Friendly, honest, Christian environment to work in.
• Some travel required (to service customers).
• On site employee refrigerator, microwave, bathroom, shower, and break area.
• Small, family run, & fun work environment.
• Must be capable of pulling & backing a 25’ trailer on a frequent basis.
• Will be expected to diagnose and resolve advanced electrical and pump problems.
• Must be self-motivated, confident, independent, demonstrate advanced problem solving skills, be able to lift and load / unload heavy items.
• Will be expected to work inside and outside in varying work environments.
• Must currently have and continue to maintain a good driving record.
• Must be able to clearly communicate and diagnose issues with customers over the phone occasionally.
• Must be flexible for occasional off site, multi day jobs, & longer work days.
• Will be expected to obtain EVT certification within one year of being hired.
• Technician will be evaluated after the first 3 months and 6 months. There will also be a 9 month probationary trial period.
• Take care of, service, clean, maintain, organize, and replenish inventory on company service trucks.
• Must have time management skills and be able to contact and schedule service for customers.
• Ability to tear down, service, replace broken parts, valves, bearings, o-rings, and reassemble components.
• Class B CDL / EVOC is a plus.
• EVT, ASE, Master Technician Status,
• Diesel & Small Engine Experience a plus.
• Heating & Air Conditioning Systems experience a plus.
• Fire / EMS / Police background and experience a plus.
• Military background a plus.
• Experience and ability to prep, and paint vehicles a plus.
• Basic Automotive, Multiplex, & Circuitry troubleshooting skills a plus.
• General hand tools a plus.
• Microsoft Office (Word & Excel) & Quickbooks Knowledge a plus.
Employee works primarily in a standard shop environment but occasionally may be required to provide service at emergency scenes, on roadsides or other locations, in a variety of weather conditions and surface environments.
Work may occasionally be performed under hazardous and adverse conditions, including, but not limited to, proximity to moving mechanical equipment or electrical currents, high noise environments requiring hearing protection, elevated heights and confined spaces.
Employee must be capable of frequent lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling of standard shop equipment and vehicle parts.
This position requires standing, running, walking, sitting, kneeling, stooping/bending, lifting, squatting, pushing, pulling, crawling, jumping, sliding, climbing, pinching, gripping, digging, spraying, reaching over head, reaching away from body and repetitive motion.
This position demands frequent use of sensory activities such as talking, seeing, hearing, smelling, feeling (identifying objects by touch), depth perception and color vision.
WV Apparatus & Equipment Sales Representative
June 4, 2018
We are looking for highly motivated and energetic FT and PT individuals to call on and meet with customers in WV. This is a commission based job. Experience in the Fire / Police / EMS / Towing Industry preferred. Please send your complete resume, references, and employment requirements to: email@example.com
Sheet Metal Fabrication Specialist (Floyd, VA)
June 4, 2018
Please send your complete resume, references, and employment requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
VA & North Carolina Apparatus & Equipment Sales Representatives
June 4, 2018
We are looking for highly motivated and energetic FT and PT individual to call on and meet with customers in The Shenandoah Valley, Northern Richmond Area, and Hampton Roads Area of Virginia along with Eastern, Central, & Western North Carolina. This is a commission based job. Experience in the Fire / Police / EMS / Towing Industry preferred. Please send your complete resume, references, and employment requirements to: email@example.com